Terms of reference of the Open Call issued by [N.A!] Project and the Parti Poétique arts collective for Zone Sensible’s Espace 365.
[N.A!] Project is partnering with the Parti Poétique arts collective to offer artistic residencies at Espace 365, established in 2018 with funding from [N.A!] Project and located within Zone Sensible, a centre for the production of art and food.
- Call opens on: 13 March 2019
- Submission deadline:4 May 2019 Midnight
- In electronic format only, to: email@example.com
Bertrand Jacoberger founded [N.A!] Project in 2011 to support artistic residencies for researching and producing works of art, allowing artists from different artistic backgrounds to come together and co-create projects outside the traditional boxes of performing arts and exhibitions. The [N.A!] Project supports works with a connection to nature, the environment, global trends, biodiversity and food.
Zone Sensible, a centre for the production of art and food, was created two years ago by Olivier Darné and the Parti Poétique as a new destination around Nature + Culture + Food. The one -hectare site on the outskirts of Paris is part of the last 19th century farm still in operation there, and has been emerging as a creative hub since 2018. This unique site is just 500 metres from the metro station.
With this fellowship, [N.A!] Project aims to draw artists and creators from different disciplines to Zone Sensible’s exceptional setting, where they will design a work or a creative process in situ from May to September 2019. The public will be invited to meet the artist at an event supported by the Parti Poétique.
Supporting outdoor art forms.
[N.A!] Project invites artists and creators from all horizons to explore art forms for outdoor spaces, using public spaces as a forum for artistic experimentation and creation directly linked to Zone Sensible and Espace 365’s themes: Nature + Culture + Food.
The program involves successive phases of research and creation supported by [N.A!] Project and the Parti Poétique.
If their candidacy is selected, the artist – or collective – will be offered a 15-day residency at Zone Sensible, to be scheduled between May and September 2019 by agreement with the artist and the Parti Poétique.
The artist will have their own workspace and receive support from the organisers.
During the residency, the artist will work on a creative project to be presented on 21 September 2019 as part of the Equinox celebrations produced by [N.A!] Project and the Parti Poétique, with other artists also participating.
The artist will receive a grant of €3000 from [N.A!] Project.
Transport and residency costs will be covered directly by [N.A!] Project on the basis of actual justified costs.
The work or process will be presented at Espace 365 and possibly at other partner venues.
Production support from the Parti Poétique.
- Fully functioning workspaces will be provided for a total of two weeks work. Introduction to local partners and operators (for supplies, loans, etc.).
- Advice and guidance according to the artist’s needs, and work with other artists selected for their technical skills, their experience with the space, etc.
Production budget - financial support.
During the residency, a production budget will be drawn up and both partners – [N.A!] Project and the Parti Poétique – will agree on the amount and on their respective contributions. Both organisations will then oversee and monitor the budget.
Call is open to artists and creators of any age and from any field of contemporary art. Artists must be French-speaking and citizens of a European Union Member State. Citizens of other countries are also eligible if they have been permanently working in the European Union for at least six months.
Students enrolled in higher education arts programmes are not eligible.
Submissions shall be presented on an individual basis. If several members of the same collective wish to apply, they should make a joint submission listing all the different participants.
Submissions (preferably in PDF format) should contain:
- Artist’s CV
- Statement of intent (maximum 3000 characters) outlining a creative project for an outdoor public space and with connections to nature and food.
- This statement may include URL links to a website or documents of the artist’s choice (text, image, audio, video, application, etc.). These online references, supporting or explaining the artist’s project as outlined in the statement of intent, can be either a personal creative experience or an external source of inspiration.
Submissions shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in a single batch or via WeTranfer.
A jury composed of representatives of [N.A!] Project and the Parti Poétique, and possibly other artists, will study the submissions and produce a shortlist of three candidates.
On Saturday 11 May, the three shortlisted candidates will be invited to present their ideas at the urban farm, followed by a lunch. The final decision will be announced in the afternoon.
- Call opening: 13 March 2019
- Possibility for potential candidates to visit the site on the 23 March from 14h00 to 17h30
- Submission deadline: 4 May 2019 at midnight
- Residency: dates to be agreed, between 15 May and September 2019
- Public presentation of the work on 21 September 2019.